Friday, August 15, 2014

Feline Farewell

As I mentioned in my last post, I was a "foster mom" to 2 sweet little kittens this past week and, although they only spent a week with me, I was still kind of sad when I had to bring them back to the shelter. It's amazing how quickly you can get attached to them. In the last couple of days they were with me, they seemed to get more comfortable and social...playing with me and literally sleeping on top of me! Listening to their slow soft purring as they slept was sooo relaxing...almost like a lullaby helping me get to sleep as well! Now that they're gone and life is back to normal here, I can't help thinking about them and hoping they find their forever home soon.

Also this week, the staff and volunteers at Pet Pal had to say a final farewell to everyone's favorite cat, Moses. He was an older cat who had to have surgery on his leg and, unfortunately, this involved some other medical complications which he did not survive. Moses didn't care for the cat room at the shelter and instead preferred lounging out in the lobby on his nice cushy bed enjoying lots of hugs and rubs from Pet Pal staff and volunteers as well as guests. We all miss him dearly but his sweet soul will live on forever as a part of Pet Pal Animal Shelter.

If you've ever lost a beloved pet, you understand how sad and painful it can be, but something good can come from such an experience. Pet Pal Animal Shelter has several ways you can donate in honor of your furry friend including the "Paws to Remember Mural" where your gift will be recognized with your pet's image being painted on the wall of the shelter for all to see, "PicMonkey Collage Tiles" where your gift will be recognized with a personalized wall tile featuring your pet's photo and an inscription, and "Susie's Fund" where your gift will help provide Pet Pal Veterinary Clinic clients with the medical care for their pets that they may otherwise not be able to afford. For more detailed information on any of this, go ahead and check the web site petpalanimalshelter.com or call the shelter at (727) 328-7738. Since the title of this blog is "Happy Tails from Pet Pal", I wanted to point out just a few ways we can turn this sad story of our beloved Moses into something "pawsitive"! Thanks.

Happy tails to you until we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment