Sunday, August 10, 2014

Hello Foster Kitty

OK, I know it's been a while since my last post, but it's been an interesting and exciting week around here. When I went to Pet Pal on Wednesday to do my weekly 5 hours working the front desk, I found out that I would be going home with 2 adorable foster kittens...what a surprise! I had put my name on the foster list just a few weeks ago but wasn't sure how long I would have to wait...I guess not very long at all! I'm sure my husband wouldn't have minded a longer wait but I was ready to give this a try.

There's 1 male and 1 female kitten and they're 10 weeks old. They're in the foster program because they need to gain some weight so that they can be spayed/neutered which is required for all animals before they can be put up for adoption at Pet Pal. For someone who has never had cats or kittens in the house, this has been quite an adventure. Just like a new mom, I spent most of the first night awake worrying about the kittens and whether or not they were comfortable, scared, or getting into mischief. Of course they were fine and ended up getting a whole lot more sleep than I did! Fortunately, I've recovered from that all-nighter and, in fact, kind of like it when one or both of them come up in the bed or chair and snuggle next to me! Soooo cute! The only thing I've found so far that's not so cute, other than their stinky litter box, is when they come from out of nowhere and suddenly jump up on me. Since I can't see them coming, this REALLY startles me at times! Good thing I have a strong healthy heart!

Anyway, I'll be getting back to blogging on a regular basis soon but I wanted to share my fun week with you. I still and probably always will think that dogs (and goats) rule, but having these little guys here has definitely been entertaining! Best of all, it's helping 2 sweet kittens on their journey toward their forever home!

Thanks again for taking the time to read this. Please feel free to leave comments on what you might like to hear about in the future.

Happy tails until we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment